IBADAN KILLING: NIGERIAN ARMY HANDS OVER SOLDIER TO POLICE - Soul 2 Soul Mates Blog

Breaking

Soul 2 Soul Mates Blog

For News, Jokes, Fashion, Lifestyles, etc

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

3/16/2018

IBADAN KILLING: NIGERIAN ARMY HANDS OVER SOLDIER TO POLICE

BADAN KILLING: NIGERIAN ARMY HANDS OVER SOLDIER TO POLICE
A soldier allegedly involved in the Ibadan shooting and killing of a 30 year-old man, Mr. Kehinde Adeleke at a car park located within the premises of Trans Amusement Park has been arrested.
He was nabbed alongside other suspects in the murder case.
The suspects who were led by top military and police officers to Iyaganku state CID in Ibadan on Thursday were made to write statements. They were thoroughly drilled for about seven hours by police detectives probing the murder case.
It was gathered that the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 2 Division, Nigerian Army, Odogbo Barracks, Ibadan, Major Gen. Okwudili Azinta had ordered investigation into the allegation against one of his men attached to Oyo State joint security outfit code named “Operation Burst” which comprises men of the Civil Defence, Nigeria Police and the Army.
Commissioner of Police, Mr. Abiodun Odude while confirming the arrests declared that the soldier and others involved in the incident were nabbed and brought to the state CID in line with the ongoing investigation into the shooting and killing of Mr. Kehinde Adeleke.
Odude who spoke through Public Relations Officer (PRO), of the command, Adekunle Ajisebutu, said, “Those allegedly involved in the incident made their statements. The soldier has made a statement while investigation continues.”
Odude who described the incident as very unfortunate said the murder case would be thoroughly investigated to get to the root of the killing of Adeleke.
He said that the culprits would soon be charged to court after the conclusion of investigation into the murder.


He, however, cautioned that since the matter involved life, it would not be proper to rush through the investigation, adding that the police needed time to carry out thorough investigation to ascertain the actual killer of the deceased.
It was gathered that some top military officers from the 2 Division of the Nigerian Army last week visited the Iyaganku police headquarters in line with the order by the GOC to conduct an investigation into the killing of the 30 year-old man.
A source told reporter that some witnesses were invited while the soldiers questioned them on the incident.


It was gathered that report of the investigation which is still on going would be made available to the GOC to ascertain level of involvement of the soldier in the killing of the deceased.
The bar owner, Seyi Olusa who operates the bar within Trans Amusement Park, had been accused by the family of the deceased of grabbing a riffle from a soldier attached to the “Operation Burst” and after pulling the trigger, and killing Adeleke, returned the riffle to the soldier, an allegation which some eyewitnesses described as false.
It was also gathered that Olusa is currently being detained by the state police command at Iyaganku state CID on the allegation of murder.
But some witnesses, however, had alleged that the soldier shot the victim and not the bar owner.
Kehinde’s twin brother, Taiwo alleged that Olusa grabbed a gun from the soldier and shot the victim after a disagreement at the car park of the Trans Amusement Park where the bar is located.


READ MORE ON:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad